A lot of people are interested in the teeth whitening because they have their teeth damaged due to some factors. The most common reason for darkened teeth is the tobacco smoking. This is the primary reason why a lot of people are going to need the help of the cosmetic dentists to whiten their teeth.
Tobacco smoking stops the appropriate blood flow towards the teeth. This is the primary reason why the teeth are going to be damaged. Moreover, a lot of people are going to find out that the tobacco contains some pretty nasty stuff, which are going to stay on the surface of their teeth. This means that if you are smoker for more than a decade, you are going to have more of these things on top of your teeth. Moreover, these things are going to appear like brown or dark spots on your teeth.
Only the teeth whitening is going to help you since this is a procedure, which is especially designed to help people who have their teeth darkened. A lot of the latest technologies are used to manage this process. This means that you are going to get only the best results out of the treatment. Some of the dental clinics use the ultrasound technology to clean your teeth. Thanks to the ultrasound, you are going to be in a position to receive the results that you are after and at the same time you are not going to pay some really huge bills since this is relatively easy procedure. This procedure is usually carried by the dentist but because it is relatively easy, the dentist’s apprentice could complete the procedure for you. You must not doubt the outcome of the procedure because it has been tested numerous times on other patients as well. Studies indicate that the teeth whitening process is effective in more than 80% of patients.
Today, there are 2 basic types of teeth whitening procedures: those done at the home via whitening kits, and those at a dentist’s office by specialists.
- Brush your teeth for two minutes Immediately before whitening, this way you’re sure that the whitening gel directly contacts your tooth enamel (instead of dental plaque).
- Use form-fitting mouth trays that are fitted to your specific bite or use teeth whitening systems that contain mouthpieces which you can actually fit to your mouth and take prints.
- Use as strong of teeth whitening gel as possible to ensure that the time your teeth are in contact with the whitening gel is well spent. A flavored teeth whitening gel helps you to make the whole procedure pleasant
- Immediately after your teeth whitening treatment use an oxygenating oral rinse that does not contain alcohol, as this can actually chemically curtail the bleaching effect, not to mention it dries your mouth out!
- Avoid tea, coffee, red wine, ketchup or smoking for some days!